stOriEs

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Reflection?

Strange as it sounds, but i felt i have grown up after the trip to thailand.. well,i am not saying that i wasn't mature before but rather this trip had opened up my heart and mind to alot of tings.. things i nv thot could be so simple..

like i asked in my previous entry.. what is happiness and bliss?

i found my answer... and this trip is e reason for the change in my views towards this question..

During this trip..i have learnt that happiness could be something really simple..it is how much u see and experienced that changes ur views on happiness..

happiness is simply contentment... someone who is contented is someone who is happy.. like many have said, if u r contented with wad u have, you will be happy.. i have learnt this.. "stop peering over the hedge and see what u don have but rather look at urself and see what u already possess.." some people can possess very little but yet they lead a happy life, thats because they are contented and is able to grasp hold onto happiness..


This trip allowed me to experience a kinda happiness that i haven felt for a long time.. and the reason to that happiness.. is simplicity..

as far as i know, those people that i noe in thailand, they are so simple and kind..its the warmth tt u will feel wen u r with them..some kinda feeling that i hadnt felt for a long time..

Growing up in the environment like we all are in, we are often wary of people ard us and we have to often wear a different mask in front of ppl..and that becomes a chore over time..but when i spend time with these thai frens, i feel less guarded..because even though they couldnt really express themselves well with words but i could tell they are really sincere..

this is warmth between humans that i thought.. i haven felt for such a long time...


Coming back to the real world, i often questioned myself why when there is a get together, there is a time for separation? how often i wished i could be back there...where everything was tough but yet simple..

But..well..i should be contented because we had a chance to meet and became such close friends..


I know i have benefited much more than any other interns .. and through this trip i have found my long lost dream and passion..
someone enlightened me.. by telling me this; " it is always good to know that you have the ability to help someone.."



whats my dream?

:. to travel ard the world and share with the others..i have always wanted to go overseas to teach or to share some of my knowledge with the less fortunate..

no....i am not tryin to be noble..

but rather its a little dream/wish in me, that i wana travel and along the way... share..and leave something behind...


travelling have always been my passion...cuz i believe travelling will broaden ur horizon.. the more you see, the more u wan to learn..the more u learn..the more u realise how much u dont know...
when u get to see and experience alot.. u will come to realise that a lot of nitty gritty stuff don matter any more..

you will learn to have a bigger heart and will be able to accept more flaws of people...



ps: if you are reading this, i want thank you for so much for your guidance wen we were in thailand, for being my mentor, my brother, and for sharing all your experiences with me..i have learnt so much... much more than what books could offer...



...And somehow i hope this trip is a turning point for me, and someday my family will come to understand my dream..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home